CHANGE MAKES A DIFFERENCE

The General Federation of Women’s Clubs is an international women’s organization dedicated to community improvement by enhancing the lives of others through volunteer service. Collectively, we are Living the Volunteer Spirit.

 

HISTORY

GFWC West Virginia is a proud member of the General Federation of Women's Clubs (GFWC).  GFWC West Virginia was chartered in 1904 and consists of over 80 clubs throughout the state with approximately 2,000 members.

 

GFWC was founded in 1890 and chartered by the 56th United States Congress in 1901.  Headquarters for GFWC is 1734 N St. NW, Washington, DC.

THE CLUBWOMAN

The West Virginia Clubwoman is published in four volumes each year to highlight clubs and their services to the communities as well as provide information for club members. New and old volumes will be saved under the File Share tab. Please be patient as this area is still under construction.